Nissan announces starting price for all-new 2018 Kicks – latest addition to Nissan crossover lineup goes on sale this spring
Nissan today announced a $17,990 starting price for the all-new 2018 Nissan Kicks, which goes on sale later this spring at Nissan dealerships nationwide. The newest entry in the fast-growing affordable compact crossover market, the bold new Kicks becomes the sixth member of the Nissan crossover and SUV line-up – which has experienced record sales in recent years.
“The new Kicks is designed to fit the needs of singles or couples looking for expressive styling, personal technology, smart functionality and advanced safety features at an affordable price starting under $18,000,” said Michael Bunce, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc.
The 2018 Nissan Kicks will be offered in three well-equipped front-wheel-drive models – Kicks S, Kicks SV and Kicks SR. Each is equipped with a standard 1.6-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS). The engine is rated at 125 horsepower and 115 lb-ft of torque. Aided by a smooth Xtronic transmission, the Kicks fuel economy3 is rated at 33 mpg combined.
“Kicks’ unique combination of expressive design, excellent fuel economy, intelligent technology and advanced safety features adds up to one thing – exceptional value,” added Bunce. “And, with its good ground clearance, high eye point, electric power steering and small turning radius, Kicks is a great vehicle for both everyday and weekend adventures.”
The new 2018 Kicks’ exterior combines emotion and practicality by blending bold wheel arch fenders and high crossover stance with familiar Nissan design signatures, including a V-motion grille, boomerang headlights and taillights and floating roof with a “wrap-around visor” look. Available exterior features include standard Intelligent Auto Headlights (I-AH) and available LED low beam headlights with LED signature accents.
The 2018 Kicks will be offered in a range of seven exterior colors – plus five two-tone combinations. Three of the two-tone color schemes utilize a black roof and contrasting body colors (white, orange or red), along with one each orange roof/grey body and white roof/blue body.
Inside, the Kicks offers a futuristic design in a cabin full of the innovative features expected by its tech-hungry target audience. The interior provides ample passenger space in the rear, as well as one of the largest load areas in its class4.
Kicks’ simple “Gliding Wing” dashboard design is dominated by a centrally mounted 7.0-inch full color display housing a comprehensive infotainment system with available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone connectivity. For the ultimate audio experience, the Kicks SR Premium Package includes the new class-exclusive5 Bose® Personal® Plus sound system with a pair of lightweight 2.5-inch Bose® UltraNearfield™ neodymium speakers located inside the Kicks’ driver’s seat headrest. Among the other on-board technology, Kicks features an available Intelligent Around View® Monitor (I-AVM).
Safety, security and driver convenience features are strong points for Nissan Kicks. Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)1 is standard on all grade levels, along with seven air bags and RearView Monitor. Kicks SV and Kicks SR add Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
“We’re making Automatic Emergency Braking standard across all grades of our best-selling models, including Rogue, Rogue Sport and now Kicks. It’s part of our comprehensive vision for helping reduce fatalities known as Nissan Intelligent Mobility,” said Bunce.
Click here for more information.
1. Automatic Emergency Braking cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
2. MSRP excludes applicable tax, title, license fees and destination charges. Dealer sets actual price. Prices and specs are subject to change without notice. Destination and handling $975.
3. Fuel economy based on 2018 EPA fuel economy estimates for 2018 Kicks FWD models of 33 mpg combined. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.
4. Comparison based on 2018 Kicks vs. 2018 Kia Soul, 2018 Ford EcoSport, and 2018 Toyota C-HR. Cargo area behind 2nd row compared. Base models compared. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution. Always secure all cargo. Heavy loading of the vehicle with cargo, especially on the roof, will affect the handling and stability of the vehicle. Based on manufacturers' websites.
5. AutoPacific segmentation. Available feature. 2018 Kicks vs. latest in-market competitors in XSUV Compact Class. Based on manufacturers' websites.
Gardena Nissan offers great deals and service for all of your Nissan needs. Family owned and operated for over 40 years.